Questions to Ask When Choosing a Special Events VenueDecember 13, 2019
Are you planning a special event, perhaps a holiday party, a rehearsal dinner, or retirement party? Choosing the right venue is critical to planning the event and designing the atmosphere you hope to create. Part of making the right choice is visiting the venue and asking detailed and comprehensive questions in order to find the perfect place for the occasion.
At Danversport, we host hundreds of events every year, so we know a thing or two about planning right down to the smallest details. Birthday parties, rehearsal dinners, bar or bat mitzvahs, baby showers, wedding showers, anniversary parties, or even a celebration of life can be accommodated at our indoor or outdoor venues, all of which come with spectacular water views.
No matter the event, you will want to schedule a visit and ask questions to make sure the venue is the right fit. Here is our list of questions, broken into five main categories, that can help make your decision easier.
Questions About Scheduling
When planning your party, ask what dates are available for the month you hope to book. In addition, you will want to find out what time slots are available including morning, afternoon, and/or evening. How many hours are included for the rental of the venue? Is the time slot able to be extended for longer events? Will you be able to come early to set up?
Questions About The Venue
At Danversport, we have six venues, both indoors and out, ranging from intimate gathering spaces to a ballroom that can welcome 650 guests! We suggest, if you are searching for a picture-perfect location for your next party, that you take the opportunity to tour each room and find out more about our event packages. You won’t be disappointed.
The most common questions we hear in regards to our venues include:
- What event spaces are available on my desired date?
- How many guests can be accommodated in each?
- Will there be other events going on simultaneously and will they interfere with my event?
- Are the rooms and bathrooms handicap accessible?
- Is there an outside space that can be used for pictures or cocktails?
- What photo options are there?
- Where would cocktail hour be held?
- What are the options for seating arrangements?
Questions About Food & Drinks
If your event will include a meal and beverages, Danversport can work with you to plan the menu, from the first course to the details of the amazing desserts. We can also help you choose bar options and specialty drinks for your party. Our event coordinators make it their mission to satisfy all requests. Here are some of the more common questions about foods and beverages.
- What are the meal options? Depending on your preference, at Danversport you can plan a breakfast brunch, traditional plate-served meal, buffet, a cocktail party with passed hors’ devours, and so much more!
- What beverage options are there? Can speciality drinks be made for the night?
- Is there a food tasting option?
- Are outside cake/dessert vendors allowed?
Decor and General Questions
Many people planning a party hope to create a unique look for their event and thus ask many questions about the venue restrictions or decor.
- What decor option exist? Can we decorate on our own?
- Are centerpieces provided and, if so, what are the options? Can we bring in candles?
- In the case of an outdoor event during cool weather, can heaters be brought in?
- Is there an onsite coordinator who can help with the planning?
- What parking is available?
- Is it possible to view an event in the space?
Questions About Payment
Before ending a tour of any venue area, it is critical to ask the questions that will impact your budget. This includes asking: what the estimated cost would be, when the down payment would be due, if there is a cancellation deadline, and are there payment options? Don’t forget to inquire about additional service fees, rental fees, cake-cutting fees, and whether tax and gratuity is included in the estimates you are provided.
We love planning events and seeing each person’s event vision come to fruition. We make it our goal to answer all of your questions during the decision process and help you create the event of your dreams. Call our event specialists to schedule a tour and start finding out all we have to offer.